Parent Teacher Association
WHO WE ARE
Your school PTA (Parent Teachers Association) is known as Friends of Lyndhurst!
Each and every parent/carer that looks after a child at Lyndhurst is automatically part of the Friends of Lyndhurst community. As a charity we dedicated to enhancing the education and opportunities for all children at Lyndhurst Primary School.
Together we raise critical funds for school facilities and activities that fall outside the school annual budget. We do this through organising events that bring together our whole school community.
Your opinions are most welcome and IMPORTANT! We hold monthly meetings to discuss how best these funds are spent to benefit our children.
Class Reps from each year group volunteer annually to share information between the school and parents. Each year group has an optional WhatsApp group you can join to keep in touch also.
Every year in September a small volunteer team is elected annually to represent Friends of Lyndhurst; this team is known as the FoL committee. Key committee responsibilities are:
- to fulfil any obligations in association with being a charity, both financial and administrative
- to organise meetings to discuss events and fundraising
- to agree where how funds raised should be spent
- to encourage understanding and communication between school and carers
The Friends of Lyndhurst newsletter is circulated to the whole school community on Fridays -you can contact us directly at Lyndhurst.email@example.com if you have something to share! Look out for any reminders and news on our Noticeboard opposite the Reception Classes also!
To find everything you need to know about FoL. click here.
This is a handy record of our Minutes, Notices, Events and live information. All parents and carers are welcome here at Lyndhurst; we value diversity, opinion, action and communication and believe in working together for the benefit of our children at Lyndhurst!
Contact friends of Lyndhurst via email PTA@lyndhurst.southwark.sch.uk
Fundraising for Lyndhurst
How to use Easyfundraising:
- Go to EasyFundraising’s website
- Register using your email, you will also need a memorable password. Choose Lyndhurst PTA Camberwell as your cause.
- Either download the app or use the browser
- If using the browser, you can also install the easyfundraising toolbar to let you know when you are on a website of a retailer that will donate, and to remind you to activate your donation.
This is super useful, definitely worth doing.
Find out how at Easy Fundraising’s Donation reminder.
- Get shopping, as normal – but this time you’ll also raise money for Lyndhurst.
Explore our guide on how to use Easy Fundraising below:
If you already shop on Amazon, why not shop via AmazonSmile? The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon and raise funds for Lyndhurst Primary School. The donation will be made at no extra cost to you, all you need to do is start your shopping via this link: smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1050512-0
It’s that simple!
It's such an inclusive group, everyone really is welcome.
Have a project that needs funding?
Do you have an exciting idea or project that would add to the school community here at Lyndhurst. Do you need funding or grant support? Complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch with you to discuss.