Hello and welcome to final edition of the Lyndhurst SEND newsletter for 2022-2023.
I do hope you’ve enjoyed receiving it and please do email me with any suggestions of items that you would like to see included (email@example.com).
SEND-SATIONAL QUIZ NIGHT
Fancy an evening of sociable, fun and a touch of friendly competition to help raise money for the Lyndhurst Sensory Room? Then please put Thursday 19th October in your diaries for the Sensory Room Fundraising Quiz with the fantastic quizmaster Rebecca Lefort. More details will be released in September but it’s good to start planning who is going to be on your team (between 5-8 people) and with the added incentive of trying to beat the teachers… Prizes will be awarded to the winners of the Quiz and a fun night is guaranteed for everyone with rounds that include 'Crisp Tasting' and 'Name That Barbie'.
FOL: FOOTBALL – 19/9/2023
SEND COFFEE MORNINGS
Thank you to everyone who has attended the SEND coffee mornings over the last year. We have received very positive feedback from parents and will continue to run the coffee mornings on a half-termly basis. Dates will be released in September for the whole year but the first one/introductions will take place on Friday 20th October at 9am in the Library. Please do come along – everyone is extremely welcoming and supportive.
A HUGE THANK YOU
I want to take this opportunity to give a huge thank you to all the SEND Teaching Assistants as they have been instrumental this year in helping to support our SEND children at Lyndhurst. Most children have made fantastic progress in their learning, which is often attributable to the invaluable support that our SEND Teaching Assistants provide.
- AHD SUPPORT: Support | ADHD UK
- AUTISM SUPPORT: Southwark Autism Support Team (AST) - contact Mr B for advice on 078 0286 0871 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southwark Information and Advice Service (SIAS) 0207 525 3104 or
- LITERACY AND DYSLEXIA SUPPORT: https://www.bellhouse.co.uk/ https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf2f9j6/articles/z3c6tfr
- PARENTING SUPPORT: https://www.southwark.gov.uk/childcare-and-parenting/children-s
- SOUTHWARK SEND SUPPORT: Home | Southwark Local Offer
- ADOPTION SUPPORT: Home Page - We are Family Adoption
- MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT; Parenting Smart, Place2Be’s site for parents and carers, is full of expert tips and advice for helping to support children: www.parentingsmart.co.uk